Thursday, July 19, 2012

Batman Inspired Makeup

So I recently entered in Makeupgeek's weekly contest on her website, the theme was 'Batman Inspired' and the prizes are a L'oreal blush and 2 lipsticks. This was more fun to do than anything :) I based my look on the  'batman shaped ninja star' that was posted with the blog (i'll put a picture down below) :) I LOVE how it came out, i feel like the pictures didnt give it justice (they usually dont) and i had a lot of fun doing it. I didnt feel like doing a tutorial on it because its mid July and pretty useless at this time of year, maybe in October, but for now i'll write out what i did :)











How I did this:
- I DID EVERYTHING BEFORE APPLYING CONCEALER AND FOUNDATION
- I started off by applying a primer( Urban Decay Primer Potion) all over my lids and on the bridge of my nose.
-With a black pencil eyeliner (i sharpened it as sharp as i could to get a fine point) I free hand drew the top (using my brows as a guideline)and sides of the the batman figure, i waited to draw the bottom point on the bridge of my nose until i was ready to line my uperlash line(so that i could connect it and use it as a starting point)
-Next I added a gray sparkly base, for this i used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt over the same area that i applied the primer.
- Over that i applied "Print" by MAC to even everything out
-Then using Gunmetal from the original Naked palette by Urban Decay, I applied that HEAVILY, EVERYWHERE (even over and above the brows) that i put the base and Print.
-Next i filled in my brows with a black eyeliner to stand out.
-Under the brow and right above the brow where the top corner of the 'bat wings' were i highlighted with "Pistol" from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I also lightly applied a tiny bit of 'Pistol' on the center of the lid to add a bit of dimension.
- In the crease i lightly blended 'Creep' (from the NAKED 1) and 'Blackout' (from the NAKED 2)
-Then using MAC Fluid Line in "Blacktrack" i lined the upper lash lines and connected and drew out the the botton point on the bridge of my nose.
-Then i touched up anything that i need too and evened it out
-I lined my water lines with black eyeliner
-Then outlined my lower lash line and under the point on the bridge of my nose with "Verve" from the NAKED2
-Finally i applied mascara and false lashes (i forgot which ones but they were from Ardell)
- On the lips i used "Send Me Sailing" Lipglass from the MAC 'Hey Sailor' collection

:) Enjoy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment